Michigan Environmental Laboratory Association (MELA)
MELA is offering two $1,000 Environmental Chemistry Scholarships for 2016. The deadline to apply is Jan. 31, 2016. Learn more with this flier.
Michigan Environmental Health Association (MEHA) Endowment Scholarship
One $3,000 scholarship will be available to a qualifying applicant. The Endowment Committee must receive a completed application, official transcript, letters of recommendation and essay before the deadline. Scholarship recipients will be announced at the MEHA Annual Educational Conference in March. For more information, visit the website. Deadline to apply is Feb. 1.
Diversity and Inclusion Student Essay Award
The College of Arts and Sciences Diversity and Inclusion Committee is proud to announce a Diversity and Inclusion Composition Award. This award will be given to one undergraduate and one graduate student who has completed coursework in the College of Arts and Sciences. The prize is $500 for an undergraduate student and $500 for a graduate student. Entries are judged on their relevance to diversity and inclusion and on the overall quality of the composition. All awards are subject to final budgetary approval and authorization by the dean. For more information, visit the website. Deadline to apply is Feb. 1.
Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities Award
The Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities Award in the College of Arts and Sciences:
- Increases the opportunities for undergraduates to collaborate with faculty members in professional activities outside the classroom.
- Provides undergraduate students with opportunities for hands-on research or creative activities experience with faculty from the college.
- Recognizes and honors academic excellence and potential.
- Provides opportunities for undergraduates to present research at academic conferences.
- The joint student-faculty projects represent the diversity of scholarly activity in the college. Projects have ranged from English editorial assistants to molecular biology research.
Up to 60 awards of up to $500 may be used by the students as a stipend or to defray the cost of the project. Work associated with the award may be conducted during the fall or spring semesters or either summer sessions. Recipients of the award must be enrolled during the future semester for which they are requesting funds. All awards are subject to final budgetary approval and authorization by the dean of the College. For more information, visit the website. Deadline to apply is Feb. 1.