WMU Strategic Plan
The WMU community is encouraged to review and provide feedback on the draft University Strategic Plan. Many divisions and departments have requested meetings, and they are open to anyone in the campus community. There will also be an open forum for those unable to attend unit meetings. Comments and suggestions will be accepted until Tuesday, March 8.
34th Annual Research Day for Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences
This year the event will be held on May 4, from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Radisson Plaza Hotel in downtown Kalamazoo. Research Day is an event that showcases the highest quality research and scholarship being conducted in the Kalamazoo community. You are invited to submit your original work for poster or oral presentation consideration. Abstracts are now being accepted at http://researchday.med.wmich.edu/.
Research Day is a free event with lunch provided (no registration required). This year’s keynote speaker is Patrick Schlievert, Ph.D., Professor and Department Executive Officer, Department of Microbiology at University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine. The topic is “Staphylococcus aureus Can Cause Diabetes Mellitus Type II.”
The 6 submission categories include:
- Basic Sciences: Activities related to fundamental, theoretical or experimental sciences including development of technologies and techniques.
- Clinical: Activities related to safety and effectiveness of medications, devices, diagnostic products and treatment regimens intended for human use, including analysis of established clinical practice and case presentations.
- Community: Activities related to identifying and addressing community health needs.
- Education: Activities related to the design, development and implementation of educational programs or events including the utilization of technology in the classroom setting.
- Medical Humanities: Activities related to the application of humanities, social sciences and the arts to medical education and practice.
- Quality Improvement: Activities related to performance improvement or quality improvement of medical practice including the enhancement of healthcare delivery.
For questions contact Leslie Johnson at 269.337.4502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Test Prep Books Available
Are you studying for the LSAT, GMAT, GRE or MCAT? The Lee Honors College has purchased test prep books for each of these exams. If you are interested in checking one of these books out, please visit the front desk and be prepared to show your Bronco ID and provide your email address and phone number. Test prep books can be checked out for one week at a time.